Monday, October 21, 2013

Life's little treats- open up to them

Shall we begin with a little treat?
Click it, you know you want to. Close your eyes, tap your foot, sway side to side.

Oh my, this song. So delicious. Enjoy, and read on dear friend.

Yesterday (October 20, 2013...in the middle of FALL) I went for a run barefoot on the beach with wonderful company in only a sports bra and shorts. I played in the ocean at the end of October and didn't need a wetsuit. I soaked up some sweet Vitamin D, played frisbee and corn-hole with family, and I held the hand and looked into the eyes of the one I love. This tasty menu is a recipe for HAPPINESS. Nature, smiles, laughter, family, yoga, exercise, music (..and so on) can all access the vulnerability we may be feeling and help us build trust and movement towards opening ourselves up to a love we never even knew existed.

I feel refreshed and renewed with a clear mind and open heart. It's almost like there is an EASY button for my mind, body, and soul..except instead of office supplies appearing out of thin air I have a renewed clarity of mind to get work done more efficiently. I feel my sense of determination strengthened to continue challenging myself. I feel ready to charge ahead into the unknown.  All of this after three short days of sunshine and family.
I also feel an overwhelming desire to help others experience and accept the all encompassing love that I have found myself in at this stage of my life. Because you are worth it. You are worth all the love in the world.

What helps you feel centered, loved, supported?
Go do that right now (or this weekend). Don't have time? That's not an excuse, make time. How can you expect yourself to keep going if you don't let yourself do something you truly love every now and again. Slow down, close your eyes, and take a deep restorative breath.

I'm sure you have experienced at some point in your life music speaking to you at a deeper level than you anticipated. This song is almost like a miniature guided meditation for me and I invite you to follow along with it in that way. Allow yourself to feel any emotions that it may bring up if that is the case. When you close your eyes, let your mind paint pictures and take you to a brighter, simpler place.

 Follow the sun, the direction of the birds, the direction of love. Breathe in the air. Set your intentions. Dream with care. 

Particularly this line: 
Take a stroll to the nearest waters edge and remember your place. Many moons have risen and fallen here, long before you came. Oh my goodness what power those words hold. This is a gentle reminder that we are such small creatures in an extremely large framework. Whatever turmoil, stress or weight you are carrying with you..that too shall pass. Do not dwell on it. Acknowledge it then let it go. Infinite amounts of love can fill the space that you are wasting with negative thoughts or emotions. 



So..which way is the wind blowing? What does your heart say?


No comments:

Post a Comment