Monday, January 27, 2014

Mornings 'yet to be'employed


Mornings, glorious mornings. 
Don't get me wrong, I do not proclaim that I am a morning person (many sources can confirm) - I must assert however, that I adore the quiet and stillness that often accompanies the start of the day - particularly on the weekends, or at the beach, or when you are yet to be employed (I am not an unemployed graduate, but rather a yet to be employed post grad and the distinction is rather important) - I have come to cherish the silence and calm no matter how brief, and these days brevity is determined by my desire.

 Few things make a girl more cheerful than waking up to the warmth of home and a heavenly embrace, sunbeams streaming through the window, birds serenading me while Bon Iver purrs throughout the house, hot coffee in hand, dog at my feet - generally taking my sweet time to soak it all in - before going about my day. No not each morning begins this way, but every second of this sequence is magical and glorious and uplifting and provides a clarity of mind akin to that of a deep meditation, a long cry, or watching the sunrise or sunset paint the sky in silence. How could anyone have anything less than a marvelous day when it begins in such a manner. 


No, I may not have a job yet (note that I have put intention to be hired out into the universe, and I have decided quite simply to reject negativity). But while I wait for someone to inevitably realize upon reading my resume that I'm just what they are looking for - I welcome you, mornings, with open arms - a loving embrace of gratitude. I appreciate you. I honor your sunbeams and your winged soloists and choirs. I salute you in whatever form you present yourself to me each day. You begin again and again, sun rising without fail - even through rain - how graceful. Thank you for the tranquility you have supplied me of late. The light in me shines more brightly because of your daybreak. 



     

I'm thinking about you. Yes you. I'm sending you love. I'm wishing YOU love, happiness and peace of mind. You are bright and beautiful and you deserve all of the good. All of it. 


The sunrise this morning, it was just for you. 
Let that energy and lightness of a fresh start - the brand new day - fill you, and let sunbeams radiate through your eyes and smile.
Sending love wherever needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment